+61 7 3077 7167
Workplace & Employment
Carly is an employment law expert with over a decade of experience acting for some of Australia’s largest employers including Wilson Security, Patrick Port Logistics and Caltex. Carly is a consultant to Delphi Partners. Carly acts for small to medium business that value her responsiveness, practicality and efficiency. Carly has represented employers across a broad range of industries including transport, security, logistics, hospitality, banking and manufacturing.
Carly’s areas of expertise include unfair dismissal, general protections, unlawful termination, workplace bullying, discrimination and harassment, award and agreement interpretation, enterprise bargaining and dispute resolution. Carly is an experienced litigator and has appeared before the Federal Court, the Supreme Court, the Fair Work Commission and the Industrial Courts.
In 2016 Carly was named a finalist for the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year – Workplace Relations Award.
Some of the matters that Carly has recently been involved in include:
- Successfully negotiating an enterprise agreement with United Voice in the security industry that provided for a pay freeze in 2012
- General protections matters before both the Fair Work Commission and the Federal Circuit Court
- District Court proceedings in South Australia regarding restrictive covenants and the cartel provisions of the Australian Consumer Law
- Negotiating beneficial exit packages for executives
- Preparing and delivering the Firm’s Employer Assist Workplace Bullying Package
- Successfully defending Patrick Port Logistics in a claim for unfair dismissal remedy by a union delegate
- Representing a large national transport employer in a dispute brought by the union before the NSW Industrial Relations Commission regarding the application of its national drug and alcohol policy
- Applying to Fair Work Australia for orders to stop nationwide industrial action in a client’s business